Tuesday, December 3, 2013

The Umstead

The ladies in my family went to the famous Umstead Inn and Spa over thanksgiving to celebrate my moms birthday.  We had a great time and the food was delicious!  They had gourmet chocolates in the gift store that were hand painted  - so mad I didn't take a picture to share but I bought one of each and they were a hit with my niece and nephew!
The flower arrangement when you walk in the front door was gorgeous!  Decorated with one of my favorite flowers... Amaryllis.  They were mixed in with pumpkins and gourds - very festive.
By the time we finished lunch and mom blew out her birthday candles the florist was there decorating for Christmas and the center table had changed.
Amaryllis again with pine cones, evergreen, and cut aspen logs. Love how the vases are different  heights adding to the interest of the arrangement.  This would be very easy to replicate at home!  Lowes sells amaryllis you grow at home -but if you want them to bloom before Christmas plant them today!!!  Also the pine cones would be great spray painted gold or silver...  Just a thought!

1 comment: