Monday, February 17, 2014

Color Filled Apartment - NYC

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!!  We had a nice relaxing weekend... Nothing too major.  I was cleaning this weekend and of course started to ponder how I could introduce a few pops of color and came across a House Beautiful article on a Manhattan apartment filled with color!  Interior designer Amanda Nisbett filled the home with an incredible amount of color.  I'm so used to seeing sleek and neutral homes from NYC that this article is a breath of fresh air. This color filled design reminds me of something I would see in a friends home here in the south.
A few of my favorite elements... The kitchen light fixture is to die for!! Fun and contemporary that works perfectly in the space.  The powder room is covered in the designers custom fabric... It's called hot hot hot pink - so fun!  The navy & green combo bedroom is one of my absolute favorite color combinations.  The two colors compliment each other and are bold without being overpowering.  And what a cool headboard idea for the two twin beds... I'm going to have to keep that in mind for future projects.
The reason all these fun colors work together is due to the white walls... Keeping the walls cohesive throughout the home allow you to have all the fun pops of color!! If the walls were all different colors it would be a headache.  












All images via House Beautiful






No comments:

Post a Comment