Friday, February 21, 2014

Mud room/office/laundry

We have been toying with the idea of a very small remodel...  We have a side porch with an entry door to the kitchen and the exterior wall is shared with our laundry room.  I have been sketching ideas of closing in the side porch and removing the shared wall btwn the porch and laundry to make a mudroom with space for laundry and hopefully a small built-in desk.  There is not a lot of room so the design will have to be perfect to incorporate all three design aspects.  

I love the cubbies and high windows in this photo.  Natural light is an absolute must!  The more windows the better.
www.decorpad.com

This desk area is a good starting point.  I don't want any open shelving (I hate to dust) I would prefer cabinets and we can use all the storage space we can get.
www.pintest.com

This bench with baskets is a good thought for shoes to hide clutter.  I know I'm not going to like being able to see all the shoes lying around so the more concealed the better.
www.homebunch.com

Love these windows above the dresser and the high gloss blue ceiling.  The room still needs to be interesting even though we won't be entertaining in there!!
www.jsdpn.com



No comments:

Post a Comment