Monday, June 27, 2011

Bathroom Inspiration

Oh how I wish I had finished the office so I could post photos for you but unfortunately I did not.  I worked ALL weekend painting and I am close to being done... Maybe I can finish up the trim and doors tonight and put the room back together.  Just as soon as the room is done I will show you pictures!

But in the meantime... On Friday I was talking with a good friend who has just bought her first home and is in need of bathroom ideas.  Typical of 50's houses she has a pink and blue tiled bathroom and mint green and black in the other bathroom.  (Ours was pink/blue and the other mint green/hunter green.) What we did to give our bathrooms a face lift is we ripped one of the bathrooms out completely and re-tiled.  The other we glazed the tiles on the walls and the floor white.  The vanities were replaced in both bathrooms as well as mirrors. Looks pretty darn good! Will post pics later.

In the meantime here are some professional ideas.  Do you get the theme from these photos??
SOAKING TUB ~ a girl's best friend.
Enjoy!


chic-bathroom-ideas-bathroom-design-0711-01.jpg
Image via Elle Decor

chic-bathroom-ideas-bathroom-design-0711-04.jpg
Image via Elle Decor

chic-bathroom-ideas-bathroom-design-0711-05.jpg
Image via Elle Decor

chic-bathroom-ideas-bathroom-design-0711-06.jpg
Images from Elle Decor

Image via House Beautiful

Image via Trendir
THIS IS MY FAVORITE!! Wouldn't you love to hop in that tub and watch the sunset with bubbles and a good book??? My kind of night!

Image via cdn.freshome.com
This one is pretty darn cool too!




1 comment:

  1. Just discovered your blog - LOVE it! I live in TN and own a 1950's rancher. I lucked out in my master bath with white tiles and black trim. The guest bathroom is not so fortunate: pale yellow and pink. I am interested in how you glazed the tiles white - would you mind sharing some info on that process?

    ReplyDelete