Friday, August 12, 2011

Friday WOW day

As I was perusing design blogs and magazines this morning over coffee I came along this fabulous picture.  Take a good look... what is the first thing that jumps out at you??


image via House Beautiful

What I LOVE in this photo is the charcoal sketch of what looks to me like a Chinese Robe.
I minored in art and I took a charcoal studio class ~ it was AMAZING!  Very messy... but so fun.
In taking this class I really learned about how light touches objects ~ when you only have one color to make lights and darks you have to focus. 

If you have some extra time and you are looking for a hobby sign up for an art class! They have classes at local colleges but also independent Art stores have one day classes that last a couple hours.  A great way to spend a Saturday AND take a piece of art home.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment