Monday, August 29, 2011

Hmmmmmm... An Idea

As I have said before my husband and I live in a 50's style brick ranch style house and to spruce it up we are going to paint the exterior!  We are definitely waiting til the weather cools off a bit but planning in advance always helps.  We aren't doing anything snazzy... just an off white with a shade darker for the trim and shutters.

I was watching an episode of Curb Appeal on my fav channel HGTV and they spruced up a Victorian house by painting the front door red.  And it looked SMASHING!! I don't think I can do red but I was thinking of a yellow or maybe a blue.  Hmmmm...  but this Apple Green is pretty darn Fabulous!!!

creamylife.com

Creativeconceptsandcontracting.com

housebeautiful.com

home-curb-appeal-blue-front-exterior-door-photo-photos
homecurbappeal.com

blue front door
manolohome.com
Yellow front door
simpliefiedbee.com

After seeing these pics I'm definitely leaning towards Apple Green or the Bright Vibrant Yellow.  It will depend on which looks better with paint colors! This is SO exciting!  Fall hurry up and get here!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Go with the green!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am ALL about a bright yellow door. There is one in Raleigh on McDonald Ln Right around the corner from where we grew up, it's to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm leaning more green too! It's been popping in my head all day

    ReplyDelete