Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Great Day

I was so excited yesterday when I checked the mailbox and pulled out not one but TWO new magazines!!! Veranda and Traditional Home. 
After cleaning the house I treated myself to a glass of Merlot and flipped through Veranda.  One article stuck out in my mind and I even thought about it when I woke up this morning...

The designer is Kay Douglass out of Atlanta and although I could not find pictures of the Veranda spread to share with you this is what I loved about it. 
There are pops of bright color scattered all around the house built on top of a neutral pallet.  The grey walls in the dining room look STUNNING with long Kelly Green linen curtains.  The seating area nearby uses velvet pillow in the same Kelly Green but pairs up with Chartreuse do give the room extra pizazz.
There is a bedroom again in all neutrals but with a throw and pillows on the bed in a vibrant yellow with a bathroom to match!!  It all just makes me SO HAPPY!!  Please go buy the new Veranda and let me know what you think.
(the opening pages also have a few very stylish cocktail tables...)


Here are some pics of Kay Douglass' work
kay-douglass
brassworksblog
(we just sold this console off the floor at the Showroom!!)

The gentleman's guest room, designed by Kay Douglass and Dixie Peeples, is among the more surprising spaces with flanking charcoal daybeds and funky accents of kelly green in the drapery, bedding and oversized lantern hanging above coral.
projectsajchomeowner


pinkwallpaperblogspot.com


whitehaveninteriors.com

PS ~ I'm saving Traditional Home for tonight ;)

1 comment: