Monday, November 28, 2011

Weekend Trip - Georgetown/DC

I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving!! I overdid the turkey and stuffing once again this year.  Well worth it.

One thing I have not shared with you is that my husband and I went to Georgetown/DC to visit his sister a few weeks ago.  It was the first time I had been to Georgetown (I had visited DC when I was younger)  and I have to admit that I LOVE that town!! I loved all the shops lining Wisconsin Avenue and people everywhere just walking around.  There were Ginko Trees everywhere and the leaves had just begun to change to that citrus green... Gorg!



We woke up early one morning just to walk around and found ourselves at the waterfront Park on the Potomac and what views!!



We went on to DC and were total tourists... visited a lot of monuments and ate so much goodness. For lunch Friday we went to The Source and I had the best Kobe Beef cheese burger ever!  Highly Recommend. 



These trees surround a fountain in the front of the Capital.  I was obsessed with the trees! Took several photos.  This picture was taken just before sunset and gave everything beautiful light.

No comments:

Post a Comment