Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Weekend Project

Last weekend I took on a rather large project... I painted our Master Bedroom - walls and ceiling.  Our room used to be a very pretty orange but it was just too dark.  I chose a Behr paint color - Chocolate Froth and it's perfect!  It's a mix between grey and taupe - love it! 

This was the first ceiling I had painted and it was a job.  Well worth the work. 
My husband bought me a special roller for the ceiling... it had a rod that extended and it was padded.  So nice!  One piece of advise if you are going to paint a ceiling - make sure you move everything out of the room and also cover big pieces of furniture if you don't want to move them.  I found that the paint sprayed off the roller when doing the ceiling (but this could also have been due to the fact that it was 7 o'clock pm on Saturday when I was finishing and I was about done with the paint!)  The ceiling turned out so nice I'm seriously considering doing the kitchen and dining room next!  Check it out!

(we need to do something about the TV cords)

This is my ebay lamp with a new fun finial - Yes they are back!

I still need to recover this chair... i found it for $85 at a local consignment store.  Love the unusual lines!

I'm going to get this framed and hang about the bed.  This is a tea towel my grandmother brought to me from overseas when I was a little girl.  I haven't gotten it framed before now but I think it is time!

I'll be sure to follow up on how I frame the tea towel and also the fabric I choose for the chair!



1 comment:

  1. Love the color and the decor, but in the age of Santorum, any company using the word "froth" in their product names needs to have its head checked...

    ReplyDelete