Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Hello 2014

Wow! So the Holidays came around and I completely shut down.  Penn and I were busy back and forth between Charlotte, Raleigh, and his hometown Smithfield and had a wonderful time.  We even threw a New Year's Eve Party, attended an Amazing New Year's Day Party and then I topped it all of by attending a baby shower last Saturday.  WHEW! Like I said - Busy but SO FUN!
 
I am glad to be back in a routine and back to my 9-5 work schedule.  I am one of those people who needs a little structure.  While bustling around from city to city I began to think of my hopes and dreams for 2014.  This past year has been a great year and I have a feeling 2014 is going to be even better.  Of course I made those same NY's resolutions everyone makes... work out more, drink less etc. but there are a few things that I really need to work on.  One being to work more on this blog!! I get inspired a million times a day and for some reason I don't remember to click a picture or to make a note so I can post about it.  Maybe I should start carrying a notepad around and remember to click more with my camera... I promise loyal readers I will get better!
 
Another thing I need to work on is appreciating the small things.  A long walk with our pup Ellie... a warm fire on a cold night... a good book... a beautiful sunset.  We can get wrapped up in our everyday lives and life can pass you buy.  So I'm going to make an effort to stop and remember those special moments that can get lost in an otherwise busy day.

My design business has been steady and I am so thankful to have such wonderful clients who want me to help them!  It can be a scary venture starting your own business but I'm so glad I did it.  It's hard work and I have high hopes that this coming year will help me build my business and my clientele. 
In the end, we only regret the chances we didn't take.

1 comment: