Tuesday, January 28, 2014


I Love this wallpaper!!  The black and white is right up my alley and the pattern is simple but interesting.  I found this picture in the LuxeSource magazine (along with many other amazing rooms) and immediately was drawn to it.  I also love the sconces and the face art.  
 
 




Penn and I have been toying with redoing our dining room.  Like I mentioned yesterday old houses have their quirks and it turns out the previous owners painted the entire house white before they put it on the market.  However, they did not PRIME the walls!!!  They just painted latex over oil base paint which is a major No No.  What's happening is that the latex is bubbling up in places because it doesn't adhere to oil paint and is causing me real nightmares.  We have two options... sand all the paint off the walls, prime, and then repaint.  OR we could add wainscoting around the dining room and then add new sheet rock above the wainscoting.  Option number two solves two problems... it will also hide the painted knotty pine walls (and I could get my awesome wallpaper!)
Something like this...
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment