Monday, January 20, 2014

Weekend Update

What a great weekend!! We got so much done around the house this weekend and it felt so good.  We took out Bonnie Blue (our 1979 Ford F-150) to practice driving a "H" stick shift.  It's different than a regular stick shift so I need to get some practice.  I like to go early in the AM when there aren't too many cars on the road (I tend to crack under pressure.)  Penn and I bought a black metal tool box for behind the bench seat.  Not sure why I'm so excited about that but I am! 



 BTW - we have always named our cars since I was a little girl.  My grandfather had a beautiful yellow Cadillac with yellow Interior - Lemon Chiffon.  That was one of my fav's)

Making progress on the front door! We made an appt. for a professional to come out and measure this week and then we will special order the door.  Very exciting.  We did go ahead and purchase the hardware and house numbers so once it gets here we'll be ready to go. 
 
On another note we are working on several projects right now.  We have our living room chairs at the upholsterer, having a custom shower curtain made for our guest bath, and now working on a custom dust ruffle in Schumacher's Chiang Mia Dragon in Mocha.  I know it's been out for years and we've all seen it everywhere but I love it.  So happy it's going to finally be in my house!

 Living room fabric for chairs on the left and Schumacher fabric on the right Schumacher Fabric
 
We also bought some new hardware from Pottery Barn for our new dining room window treatments.  Love them!  I will be using this for all window treatments - it also comes in a antique nickel.  So easy to install (well, easy for Penn.) We didn't use the tie backs but I really like them a lot so will keep those in mind for other projects.
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Love your Schumacher fabric!!! When we put numbers on we forgot to hold them up and look from the street to be sure the porch overhang did not obscure them. We had to redo them and put more holes in the door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the name of your truck. You must love Gone With the Wind.

    ReplyDelete