Monday, July 18, 2011

Monday Morning

What a wonderful weekend I had...  Got to visit with old friends, visit with my aunt, uncle, and cousin (who had just returned from Camp Cheerio) and then had a wonderful dinner with my mom and dad.  Lovely evening!

I also attended a Sip and See for a dear friend... A Sip and See is an opportunity to meet a new baby and the hostess serves light appetizers and beverages.  I got to see lots of old friends.  I received the nicest compliment about Boddrick's Roost from an old friend.  She had been on a girls weekend with a few of our other friends (who I haven't seen in a long time either) and she told me that they were talking about Boddrick's Roost and that they checked it out regularly!!!  I was so thankful and excited!! Thank you girls for checking it out and I hope to see you all VERY soon!!!!

My Mom and I also went thrifting and found some great stuff.  Not exactly the inspiration pictures I posted on Saturday but I found a few unusual things. 

Cool Bike, Huh??? Have I ever posted a picture of my bike?? I don' think so... My husband gave it to me a few years ago for Christmas... and it's John Deere with a yellow leather seat. It's pretty cool but so is this one! Love the basket in the back.

This was probably the steal of the day... I found a Hartmann Train Suitcase in near perfect condition.  What a great vintage piece to travel with.  I picture my grandmother on the train in her white traveling gloves and a cute hat carrying this tote...






One thing I have learned about thrifting from this weekend is that you have to make an effort and go every chance you get.  You never know what's out there but you have to check it out constantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment