Monday, January 16, 2012

DIY - Framing

Happy Monday Friends!
This weekend was a big work weekend around our house... well, let me rephrase that.  Saturday was a big work day- Sunday was a relax day.
One thing on the list was to frame this original painting (see below.)  I had the painting and I had the frame I just needed to install the painting in the frame.  Of course I had my husband help but this is so easy to do you need no assistance.  Before I dive into how I did it let me give you some information on the painting itself.  My dad gave me the frame and the painting which both belonged to my great Aunt Martha.  She was an amazing painter and the painting means so much more since she painted it.  We believe it's a copy of a Jan Van Huysum.  Google him.

On to the DIY project.  It was so simple.  I went to my local Michael's and purchased metal clips.  Start by drilling pilot holes to prevent the frame from cracking.  Then simply screw in the clips, we did two on each side.



What you'll need... clips and a drill



Oh, and a way to hang it.  We picked up a kit at Home Depot that included two metal hooks and a wire.  Can it get any easier??



And we're done!

1 comment:

  1. There are six of his pieces in the Louvre. I think there are several landscapes among them.

    ReplyDelete