Friday, January 20, 2012

Q&A

A special Shout Out to Anonymous in TN! Thank you for loving The Roost and I am so glad I can give you inspiration on small DIY projects for your Ranch!!  

The comment she posted yesterday was:
Just discovered your blog - LOVE it! I live in TN and own a 1950's rancher. I lucked out in my master bath with white tiles and black trim. The guest bathroom is not so fortunate: pale yellow and pink. I am interested in how you glazed the tiles white - would you mind sharing some info on that process?

She is referring to our glazed Guest Bath  (see below)

ANSWER
First of all... I'm so glad you lucked out with the black and white tiles in the Master.  I love the combination and it will never go out of style!!

And now to the pale yellow and pink guest bath.  I'm not going to lie... we had our pink and blue master bath glazed by a contractor before we moved in.  They used a sprayer and honestly they did not do a great job.  I had to ask them to come back and spray a second coat.  However, my friends loved our glazed bathroom and decided they wanted to do their guest bath. So they bought a glazing kit and had their painter hand paint the tile and it turned out amazing! I don't have any pictures of their bath but below are some pictures to help you figure out what you need.

I bought this Kit at Home Depot and it comes with complete instructions.

A side shot of the box... everybody loves a before and after ;)

This is a shot of our Guest Bath... we knocked out the soap dish and toothbrush tiles and replaced them with white tiles (SO EASY!!)  Now I need to touch up.  Also around the sink the glaze did not take because of the epoxy that was used to attach the previous sink.  I am going to use a drimmel tool with a buffer on the end to remove the epoxy and then re-glaze.  Maybe I'll do that this weekend!!

Good Luck TN!! Hope I was able to help you!

1 comment: