Thursday, January 19, 2012

Indoor Trees

I noticed from my last post that you can see my indoor rubber tree in the background of some of the framing pictures.  Poor little thing... it is not in good shape.  It is supposed to look like this



Photo of Ficus elastica   (Rubber Plant, Rubber Tree)

I have done some reading and I need to cut back the leggy branches just above a node to encourage bushing out.  I also need to fertilize.  We have had this rubber tree for three years so maybe I'll figure out how to take care of it one of these days. 

What I really really want is a fiddle fig leaf tree.  My friend put in an order for three at our local nursery and one of those is for me! The only thing is they are a little pricey...  I'm going to have to put some thought into it.  Here's a pic.




No comments:

Post a Comment